Will this also work with a parallax map or no, if we have the image up as a parallax for the full map or something maybe? :o
Hakuen Studio Minimap for RPG Maker MV MZ
A downloadable RPG Maker Plugin
- Create mini-maps from images or drawings!
- Highly customizable selection of colors for drawing the minimap:
- Region Id, Terrain tags, Passable/Impassable, Ladder, Bush, Counter, and Damage Floor!
- Use icons to represent characters on minimap!
- Change icon zoom, hue, and much more!
- Hide/Show the minimap with a switch.
- Overlay image above the minimap! (PRO)
- Use sprites to represent characters on minimap! (PRO)
- Set 5 different shapes for mini-maps! (PRO)
- Put a mini-map inside a window! (PRO)
- See a full mini-map on a different scene! (PRO)
- Create marker templates for quick use in events/actors! (PRO)
- Add a noise filter to the minimap! (PRO)
- Play common event when clicking/touch minimap (PRO)
Char Sprites on the minimap
- Command on the option scene to enable/disable the minimap
- Navigate through characters on the full minimap
- Toll tips on characters or Description window for each character
- Cancel button on the full minimap scene.
- Visible cursor on the full minimap.
- Integration with Eli Map Reveal
In order to download this RPG Maker Plugin you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $20 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Version 6.0.3 - Fixed a crash!May 19, 2022
- Version 6.0.2 - Bug fixApr 28, 2022
- Version 6.0.1 - Several bug fixes!Apr 21, 2022
- Version 6.0.0 - Big update!Apr 15, 2022
- Version 5.0.2 - Bug Fixes!Apr 01, 2022
- Version 5.0.1 - Bug FixesMar 18, 2022
- Ported to MV and Bug fixes!Feb 10, 2022
- 01/16/2022- Updates and Bug Fix!Jan 17, 2022
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
The plugin generates the minimap in two ways:
1 - By colors. You can set up these colors on the plugin parameters:
2 - By a custom image. So, any image you want. You can have a screenshot of your map, and use it as a minimap.
So yes, it can work wit parallax in this way, since you can use any image you want.
Mano esse plugin é muito bom!
Hiya I put this plugin in my mz project to test it but it claims I need a core something thing where can I get that?
You can find it here:
So do I use the plugin in the demo project and how do I put them in the plugin window in rpg maker mz or mv?
I was excited to test this but no banana when I put the plugin there.. Im sure I had put the demo plugin too btw so can you please explain further for me thank you!
You need to make sure of some things first:
- Make sure you are using the right plugin for the right engine. The ones that started with EliMZ are for RPG Maker MZ. The others are for MV.
- You need to have my core plugin installed somewhere above all Eli plugins.
- Show to me the versions of the plugin you are using.
- If you try and it does not work, you need to tell me exactly what you are doing and what is happening.
- If an error is happening, press F12, go to the CONSOLE tab, and send me a screenshot of the error log.
- If no error is happening, upload the project replicating the problem so I can take a look.
How do i use the <TileMinimap> ?
I can't seem to make the minimap show?
-I bought the Pro. Version... But i can't seem to make any window show up...
First, make sure you have the note tag on the map and also have set the colors that will generate the Tile Minimap:
Plugin Parameters > Common Settings > Tileset Colors
Then you should be able to see your minimap on the Map Scene. If it will be inside a window or not, you need to set the proper plugin parameter to what you want(Plugin Parameter > Minimap > Window > Enable):
The plugin command will only work if you are on a map that does have the minimap.
And check if you have both plugins up to date:
- EliMZ_Book = 5.3.0
- Minimap = 6.0.3
If you did everything above and it still not showing/working, upload a sample project somewhere, replicate the error, and send the link to me on Discord:
I had several worries about the setup and how it would function in game. I have to say I was blown away how easy the setup was, and how easy it is to use. Anyone that has any doubts, it is worth the price for the amount of time that it saves from doing maps by hand.
So I went to update the pro version of this plugin from 5.0.2 to 6.0.2 and anytime I go to play test the game it crashes immediately .
Can you send me a screenshot of the error, when it happens? (Press F8 or F12 when the error happens, go to the "console" tab, and take a screenshot)
Also, did you refresh your plugin parameters? They are changed a little bit in this version. So you probably need to take a look at them and fill some of them again.
Free version no maps are displayed even with all plugins active and configured.
- You need to give me more info.
- You said that is configured, but how you did do it?
- What RPG Maker Version?
- Did you try on a clean project or in the Demo project? Because in the demo project it works. So it is something else.
- Did you set the map note tags? Are you using image or tile minimap?
- The game shows an error or it only does not work?
Hey Eli, just grabbed the pro version of this plugin, got it to work and solved a major crash issue I was having with the free version. I have a few ideas I'd love to see added in future releases.
- Mouse hover descriptions for the Full Map scene icons would be nice. Even if just for the templates.
- Separate tile sizes for the Minimap and full size Map Scene. My maps that don't fill the Map Scene at the adjusted tile size look small and have huge borders. Even an option to show map images at full size in the Map Scene would be a great help.
- I also think this may be contributing to another glitch I'm having. When I open a small(as mentioned above) map it moves my char and Icon to the center of the map whenever I open the larger Map scene. Then when I close it my character comes floating in from offscreen. The Minimap is showing the correct position at all times, even when I float back in. I had this issue with another, larger map. When I raised the tile size so the Map Scene was larger than the displayed map it fixed it.
- I'm also having an issue with spawned events showing on the Minimap, which wasn't really a surprise to me. They will show on the Map Scene when I open it and THEN will show on the Minimap so I'm wondering if there's a script call I can use after a spawn to make the Minimap refresh.
Either way, great plugin and very simple to use.
Thank you so much for the great feedback! :D
- The mouse hover descriptions are already a thing that I plan to do! So hold on to that I will make this someday!
- Separate Tile sizes can be an easy update to make if the map is made using Tiles. But if it is an image, the user will have to create another minimap image for the Full Minimap Scene. So I will think about how I will set up that!
- About the Spawned events, I can take a look at it depending on what plugin you are using for that.
But It will be more viable for me if you can make a tiny sample project replicating the Spawn event issue and the glitch using small maps on the larger scene. So I can take a look and understand better what is happening.
I can't seem to get any of your plugins to work. I have the Book of Eli installed.
I just now noticed you did a small .01 update, however I'm also having trouble with your button common events plugin.
Both Minimap Pro and Button Common Events act as if they aren't installed - as far as I can tell. Launching the game, there are no crashes, however, the functions of these plugins are also not present. For example, using button common events with a common event assigned to F, I press F in game but nothing happens. I can manually trigger the common event (by activating an item) and the common event runs normally. However it doesn't run using the key press.
As for the Minimap, I've set up the folder, exported the map to a png and used the note tags for the map, but still, nothing shows up in game.
I have tried turning off every single plugin except for just the Eli plugins, but they still do not function. Any idea?
I'm working on a update on the Button common event plugin. So let's wait a little bit about that.
But, for the Minimap plugin, it does have a sample project for you to test. So you can compare what you are doing with the sample project.
Otherwise, if you do not manage to find the problem, build a project with only my plugins like you said you did, and send me so I can take a look. You can upload it anywhere like google drive, one drive, Dropbox etc. And send me the link here.
Hey, thanks for the reply. I tested it in a new project and made more progress than previously: I at least got the window to show up, but the minimap never displayed inside the window. I've read over your instructions probably 3 or 4 times, and I am clueless as to what I could be doing wrong. I compiled this project for you to check. (The project is using the ImgMinimap, but I also tested it with TileMinimap)
I have downloaded it(3 times) but when I tried to extract the project from the zip file I got an error resulting in the project not working. Can you try to upload it again?
Hey, thanks for taking a look at it.
Actually, don't worry about it. I tried another one of your plugins (the gold icon one) and it also didn't work for me. I have also installed new plugins from other developers, but it's only your plugins here that seem to disagree with my game/computer/my own incompetence, whatever the problem may stem from. I've just decided I'm not going to use them since troubleshooting these plugins is just not how I want to spend my game development time. I hope you understand.
If you have other people reporting similar problems, I'll be happy to repackage the test game to help you find the source of the problem to help others improve their games, but if I am the only person having the problem, then don't worry about it.
Error using multiple maps. Tried to set a second map, but when i switch map it through the "Cannot read property list of undefined error. Attached the screen. Thank you
*throw not through ahah sorry
Correction, is not for the new map, but the problem it seems to be the events inside the map
Thanks for the report. Can you try to see if this error happens on a clean project? Only with my plugins?
Like, on your current project, disable all plugins and leave only Eli Book and Eli Minimap below Eli book.
Then try switching between maps and see if the error happens.
Hey there! The plugin got an update. Did you try to see if it works now?
Hey! I just bought this a little while ago, I can't seem to get it to display on my end. I used the appropriate <TileMinimap> etc but when I boot up the game I get this error on my end. These are with the default settings. Maybe you might be able to shed some light here lol
Sorry about that. On the last update I accidentally removed a warning saying that it needs my core plugin(Free):
Download it and put somewhere above all my plugins on the Plugin manager.
You may want to take a look at the Minimap plugin parameters too, specifically on the Tileminimap settings.
Thanks, it works perfectly now!
Everything is perfect, except one thing. I can't seem to find the list of plugin commands , specifically the one that makes the mini map full screen like in the above videos
I'm a bit of a scrub at this, I tried running a SceneManager.push(Scene_fullMinimap); script, but that wasn't right either.
On MZ you just have to use the event command "Plugin Command" and select my plugin from the list.
On MV, I forgot to add it to the help file. Will do it on the next update. But for now, you can use this script call:
But it only works on the Pro Version.
Heyo, I think I might be having some compatibility issues. Perhaps you could tell me if there is something that could be done about it. Thanks in advance!
Thanks for the screenshot!
I will take a look at it tomorrow :)
Hey! Any news regarding the issue?
No not yet. I didn't forget! But I've been busy with other stuff. But I will see it for sure!
I took a quick look here. But I didn't manage to trigger the error. I put the SRD Camera Core plugin above and below mine. The error didn't happen. So I used some plugin commands, but still, no error shows up.
Can you try to build a sample project replicating the error so I can try to fix it?
I've tried to replicate it to no avail. I did however somehow fix it by pretty much doing nothing..? There does seem to be a red dot that I can't get rid of though. It's always in the top left, maybe I am blind but I couldn't figure it out myself, haha.
Well, ok then!
If the error happens again, try to remember what you are doing at the time that the error happens!
This red dot on the top left is probably an event or a vehicle.
These icons are representing Events, vehicles, and the player. So is one of them.
So double-check if you have an event on the top left of your map, or a vehicle.
Hello .. I've been lusting over this plugin for a while now .. however I cant seem to get the demo to work on my game . every time I play test it crashes . one of my dev's said its clashing with my VisuStella plugins . Is there any way to remedy the compatibility problem I'm having ?
Thank you .
So the demo is just a showcase of the plugin. It probably don't have the latest versions of my plugins.
So, try open the demo, see what plugins are there, update them to latest versions and test again.
If you still get an error, I will need more information. So when the error happens, press F12, go the console tab, and send me a screenshot of the error.
As I can see from the log error, you are probably using an old version of the Minimap Plugin.
Please, do as I told you before in my last comment:
So, try opening the demo, see what plugins are there, update them to the latest versions, and test again.
Update the plugins to their latest versions:
- EliMZ_Book 5.0.6
- EliMZ_Minimap 5.0.1
Then you test it again. If an error appear, send it to me again.
Thanks for the nice plugin!
Currently, the center position of player on the mini-map seems to be off.
Will this be corrected?
Thanks for the report, I will fix that! :)
Fixed on the 5.0.1 version!
Please download it! And thanks again! ^^
I get a syntax error when ever I try to open up this program, is there something I need to do? I got eli's book and I still have the syntax error.
oh I need an rpg maker, the ones that this app supports cost a decent amount of money, any rpg makers that this supports that are free?
This is a plugin created specifically for RPG Maker Engines. In that case, RPG Maker MV and MZ.
Unfortunately, both RPG Makers are not free. Although MV is cheaper(and older) than MZ.
No matter what I do.
TypeError. Cannot read property 'createPerameter' of undefined.....
This error is because you didn't have the Eli Book installed, above the minimap plugin.
Sorry about that, I will put a warning on the next update!
I really love your plugins, but they're not compatible with MogBattleHud - or at least, I get errors when I enable this plugin when BattleHud is on, and no errors when the hud is off. Do you have plans to add compatibility? I haven't bought this minimap yet but plan to if everything works nicely together in my game. Thanks so much!!
Thanks for the comment!
About the compatibility issue with Mog Plugins, let's work this out! Can you show to me a screenshot of the error? And your plugin manager list?
Are you using MV or MZ?
That's so nice of you, thanks for the help!! I am using MZ. Here is the console error:
My plugin list is a bit large, but it is almost entirely VisuStella wave plugins. I have tried putting your plugins above and below BattleHud but they come up with the same error.
Nice plugin, can you add that instead of use different colors for different terrain tags, it is generated by collision O or X in two colors? This would help all of us a lot. I think would be also cool to let us draw it by both, Collision and Terrain Tag, so we can color specific tiles to another different color if we want.
Willing to purchase the PRO version but this is important for me since I have a lot of tilesets already.
Thanks for trying it out! I believe I can make this. :)
But just clarify something for me: The reason you want this feature, is that will be a lot of work for you to set up the terrain tags in all your tilesets, right?
Yes! That's right, if we have over 60 tilesets, it can end being over 1000 clicks to be placed. So that is a quickest way to generate a map in two colors, and if we want to show an specific color for specific tiles like for example blue color for water, we only need define the water terrain tag on the water tiles. This is such a incredible Quality of Life upgrade for everyone :D
Of course, such new feature should be optional (parameter = true/false) since I believe there are already many people with the plugin that already placed many terrain tags.
Thank you very much for the answer :D will be waiting for this upgrade ;)