Hi, thank you for this. How do I stop this fading at all? I just want a static start screen.
Hakuen Studio Press Start for RPG Maker MV MZ
A downloadable RPG Maker Plugin
Want to support me?
This plugin aims to replicate the feature of retro games in the title screen where you have to "Press Start" before starting the game.
- Choose an image to use for the press start feature.
- Choose predefined positions or custom ones.
- Choose how quickly the opacity will change.
- Choose what button you will press on the press start feature.
- Choose an MV/MZ animation to play when you press the button.
- Optionally choose a delay for the 'Press Start' to be gone after you press the button.
- Can use it not only in the title screen but also on the scene map for event title screens.
How to use
The plugin parameters are self-explanatory.
You can use it on the title screen(by default) or if you want to use it in Scene Map, you have to use the plugin command.
For MV you can use the script call:
Put an image of your preference in the img/system.
Here is a list of the default keys of RPG Maker(Keyboard/Gamepad):
- "tab", ■ Keyboard: tab
- "ok", ■ Keyboard: enter, space, Z ■ Gamepad: A
- "shift", ■ Keyboard: shift ■ Gamepad: X
- "control", ■ Keyboard: control, alt
- "escape", ■ Keyboard: escape, numpad0, insert, x
- "pageup", ■ Keyboard: Q, pageup ■ Gamepad: LB
- "pagedown", ■ Keyboard: W, pagedown ■ Gamepad: RB
- "left", ■ Keyboard: left arrow, numpad4 ■ Gamepad: D-pad left
- "up", ■ Keyboard: up arrow, numpad8 ■ Gamepad: D-pad up
- "right", ■ Keyboard: right arrow, numpad6 ■ Gamepad: D-pad right
- "down", ■ Keyboard: down arrow, numpad2 ■ Gamepad: D-pad down
- "debug" ■ Keyboard: F9
- "cancel" ■ Gamepad: B
- "menu" ■ Gamepad: Y
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Version 5.0.3 - Compatibility fix!99 days ago
- Version 5.0.2 - Minor changesJun 03, 2022
- Version 5.0.1 - Minor changes.Mar 24, 2022
- 12/16/2021 - New feature!Dec 17, 2021
- 08/26/2021 - New features, bug fixes!Aug 26, 2021
- 03/05/2021 - (MZ) Add gamepad support.May 03, 2021
- 04/26/2021 - UpdateApr 26, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi! Glad you liked =)
Just put the Min Opacity plugin parameter to 255.
Brilliant. Thank you for the quick response.
Do you know if this is compatible with the skip start screen plug in? I'm wanting it to go straight in to a new game or continue their current one.
Well if you are skipping the title screen, it will not work on the Scene_Title. I believe I made a way for you to use the press start as an event. But if you do not want to set the fade feature and also is skipping the title screen, why you have to use this plugin? Can you elaborate a little bit more? :)